Let’s count to three… Ready?
These are three ways to increase your website traffic:
- Number one: Organic Content. You want your website to be full of high-quality, original content that is new, interesting, and different. Not only will this help to improve your SEO, but it will also keep people coming back for more, which leads to increased traffic.
- Number two: Social Media. In today’s world, social media is king. To increase your website’s traffic, you must ensure you are active on all the major social media platforms. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok – you name it. The more social media users see and share your content with their friends and followers, the more traffic you’ll generate.
- Number three: Paid Advertising. While organic reach is great, you need to give your traffic a boost. That’s where paid advertising comes in. Investing in some targeted ads can really increase the number of people visiting your site.
Each of these is a great way to increase your website traffic. But if you really want to see some serious results, you must focus on all three. You’ll be sure to see a significant increase in the amount of traffic your site gets. And that’s the traffic you actually wanna get caught in!
The Necessity for Website Traffic
You might be wondering why I’m even bothering to tell you how to get web traffic to your website in the first place. Well, let me put it this way: If you own a residential home service business, people will only know about you if they see you in person or hear about it from somebody else.
The same holds true for your website. The only way people will find your website is if they stumble upon it by accident or somebody tells them about it.
So the question, then, becomes, how do you get people to visit your website on purpose?
There are several ways to do this, but search engine optimization (SEO) is the most effective method. The SEO process optimizes your website so it’ll rank higher in Google’s search results. The higher your website ranking, the more likely people will find it. You can do a few things to optimize your website for SEO:
- Make sure your website is responsive and fast: People are impatient. I your website takes too long to load they will leave before they see what you offer. Check your website traffic tracker and internet status to see how fast your website loads to ensure it’s as fast as possible.
- Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions: When people search for something on Google, they usually type in a few keywords. If you can include those keywords in your title and description, it will help your website show up in the search results.
- Create quality content relevant to your audience: Google loves fresh, relevant, and engaging content. The more you update your website with new content, the more likely people will find it.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly: With more and more people using their phones to browse the internet today, it’s essential to ensure your website looks good on a small screen.
- Promote your website with social media: Social media is a great way to get visitors to your website. If you post your website links on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, people will click them, and visit your site.
Are you seeing any ongoing traffic? Is your website SEO-friendly? If not, consider making some changes to your site. Follow the tips above, and you can increase traffic to your site while getting more people to view your content.
A 50 percent increase in reach without a decline in frequency should increase your advertising-driven traffic by 50 percent. To increase your traffic by 100 percent, you must double both reach and frequency.
Advertising-driven traffic is a broad category that includes website visitors who visit your site because they saw one of your ads. The main types of advertising that generate ad-driven traffic are online display ads, paid search ads, and social media ads.
There are two ways to increase the reach of your advertising:
- Increase the number of people seeing your ads.
- Target a wider audience with your ad campaigns.
- Place your ads on more websites and apps.
To increase the number of times each person sees your ad, you can:
- Increase the frequency of your ad campaigns.
- Increase the number of times a person sees your ad.
- Run less ad campaigns with a higher budget.
- Place your ads on websites and apps your target audience visits frequently.
- Run retargeting campaigns.
You can also generate traffic to your website through organic means, such as SEO or social media marketing. Organic traffic comes to your site without being driven by online advertising. The main ways to generate organic traffic is offline mass media marketing.
We already know what SEO is, but social media marketing promotes your website or product on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Both online and offline marketing require a significant amount of time and effort to be successful. There are more ways than one to mess up an otherwise excellent message. However, they are both excellent ways to generate organic traffic to your website.
Generating traffic to your site can be challenging, but it’s crucial to remember that quality traffic is more significant than quantity. It’s better to have 100 visitors interested in what you can offer than 1,000 visitors looking for something else. Focusing on quality traffic generation means you’re more likely to achieve your desired results.
Mobile vs. Desktop vs. Tablet Website Traffic Share
According to similarweb.com, the percentage of traffic coming from different devices worldwide as of May 2022 is:
- Mobile: 64.14%
- Desktop: 33.66%
- Tablet: 2.20%
It’s important to note that these numbers will vary depending on the type of website. You may see higher mobile and tablet traffic percentages if your website is designed for mobile users. Similarly, if your website is designed for desktop users, you may see higher percentages of desktop traffic.
The takeaway here is: You need to design your website with all types of users in mind. Your website should be accessible and user-friendly no matter what kind of device your potential customer is using.
However, it’s important to note that mobile traffic isn’t always equal to mobile conversions. Just because someone visits your website on a mobile device doesn’t mean they’ll make a purchase or take any other desired action.
In fact, the conversion rate for mobile devices is typically lower than for desktop computers. That means you must work even harder to optimize your site for mobile users and convert them into customers or lead generation.
One way to improve your website’s mobile conversion rate is to make sure your forms are short and easy to fill out on a small screen. Nobody wants to spend time filling out a long form on their phone, so the shorter you can make it, the better.
Another way to improve conversions on mobile devices is to use click-to-call buttons. That allows potential customers to call you directly from your website with just one tap, which can be much easier than filling out a form on a small screen.
You can also use a device that directs internet traffic, known as a Traffic Shaper. You can use it to improve your internet usage quality and connection by allocating separate channels for different data types, like audio, video, and email. This prevents one type of traffic from hogging all the internet bandwidth and slowing down your connection.
There are two main types of traffic shapers: Hardware and software. Hardware devices are usually installed on routers, while software ones are typically built into operating systems.
Windows includes a basic traffic report tool called Quality of Service (QoS), which can be used to allocate internet bandwidth to certain applications. If you’re not happy with the results you’re getting from QoS, or if you want more advanced features, there are several paid and free website internet traffic report available.
Some of the most popular traffic-shaping tools are:
- NetBalancer: NetBalancer is a paid traffic-shaping tool for Windows that offers a wide range of features, including priorities, rules, filtering, and more.
- Traffic Shaper XP: Traffic Shaper XP is a free traffic-shaping tool for Windows that offers many of the same features as NetBalancer.
- Speed limiter: Speed limiter is a free traffic-shaping tool for Windows that allows you to limit the speed of any application or process.
These are just a few examples of traffic-shaping tools– many others are available.
Mobile devices are increasingly becoming the primary way people access the internet, so ensuring your website is optimized for these users is essential. A responsive design, simplifying your forms, and including click-to-call buttons can improve your website’s mobile conversions. You can also ensure potential customers have a positive experience on your site.
When you’re looking for ways to improve website traffic, it’s crucial to consider all your options and find the best solution for your company. By taking the time to research your choices and find the right solutions for your business, you can ensure that your website is getting the traffic you want.
So, IS your website getting the traffic you want? If not, Wizard of Ads™ can fix that.
At Wizard of Ads™, we understand that website traffic is significant for businesses. We also know it can be hard to get the traffic you want. That’s why our services help businesses improve their website traffic.
We can help you find the right target keywords, write engaging content, and create effective marketing campaigns. We’ll also work with you, ensuring that your website is optimized for search engines so you can get the most visibility for your business.
If you’re ready to improve your website traffic, let us show you how we can help. Book a call today!